Angelique Kerber (born January 18, 1988, in Bremen, Germany) is a German professional tennis player. In other words, a former world number one who has won three Grand Slam tournaments. She also finished second in the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Early Life of Angelique Kerber
Angelique Kerber was born on January 18, 1988, in Bremen, Germany to Slawomir Kerber and Beata Kerber. She also has a sister named Jessica Kerber.
She is 31 years old as of 2019 and was born under the sign of Capricorn. Her nationality is German, and her ethnicity is White. Her educational background is being investigated.
Who is Angelique Kerber Dating Currently?
In terms of her love life, she is neither unmarried nor in a relationship. Previously, she was dating tennis coach Torben Beltz. She currently resides in Poland.
What are the Net Worth and Salary of Angelique Kerber?
Kerber’s net worth is estimated to be $30 million as of 2019. Similarly, she earns a salary of around $5 million from her profession. Similarly, she owns a Porsche 911 and a Mercedes Benz.
Angelique Kerber: Achievements and Awards
- (3) Glam Slam victories
- Australian Open (2016)
- WTA ranked her as the world’s number one (2019)
- Wimbledon Championship (2018)
- Olympic Silver Medal
Angelique Kerber: Rumors and Controversy
There are no rumors or controversy surrounding her life.
Body Measurement of Angelique Kerber
The German tennis player stands 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 68 kg. Furthermore, she has a body measurement of 36-26-35.
Angelique Kerber’s Professional Career
- Kerber began her professional tennis career in 2007, but she lost to Elena Dementieva and Anna Chakvetadze.
- In 2008, she won her first Grand Slam title against Maret Ani at the Australian Open. She competed in the Qatar Total Open, the German Open, and the French Open.
- In the same year, she also won ITF titles in Spain and France.
- She won a tennis tournament in Spain the following year and advanced to the second round of the US Open the following year.
- In 2010, she also made her first WTA tour final and reached the third round of a Grand Slam for the first time.
- She also took first place in the Bahamas Women’s Open Championship.
- Furthermore, in 2012, she won her first WTA title at the Open GDF Suez after defeating Marion Bartoli in the finals.
- She reached the Wimbledon Championship semi-finals and finished the season ranked fifth in the world.
- In addition to her accomplishments, she represented Germany in the Fed Cup finals and finished runner-up in 2014.
- She also won four WTA titles in a row in 2015, and she reached the quarterfinals of Brisbane International.
- She won her first Grand Slam title in 2016 after defeating Serena Williams in the finals.
- Angelique successfully defended her title at Porche Tennis Grand Pix after defeating Laura in the finals. She also finished second in the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- One of her most notable achievements was being named the world’s No. 1 tennis player on September 12th, 2019.
- In July 2018, she won her first Wimbledon title, defeating Serena Williams in the finals. By the end of the season, she was ranked No. 9.
- In 2019, she reached the fourth round of the Australian Open and the semifinals of the Qatar Open and the Monaco Open.
- In fact, she reached her first Premier Mandatory finals and finished runner-up. She is now ranked No. 6 in the world.