David Villa Sanchez, aka David Villa, is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a striker for the Japanese club Vissel Kobe. He was born on December 3, 1981, in Langreo, Spain. He has also played for Sporting Gijon, Real Zaragoza, Valencia, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, and New York City, among others.
Early Life of David Villa
David Villa Sanchez, also known as David Villa, was born on December 3, 1981, in Langreo, Spain to Jose Manuel Villa and Dorita Villa. He has two sisters, Aide Villa and Elsa Villa, as well as two brothers.
He is 38 years old as of 2019 and was born under the Sagittarius zodiac sign. He is a Spaniard by nationality. He is of White ethnicity. Concerning his education, the specifics of his educational background are being investigated.
Estimated Net Worth of David Villa
David has a net worth of $50 million, according to sources, as of 2019. According to the report, he receives a $7 million annual salary from his profession.
Who is David Villa Wife?
In terms of his love life, he married Patricia Gonzalez, a professional footballer, in 2003, his longtime sweetheart. The couple also welcomed three kids, Zaida, Olaya, and Luca. Similarly, Villa believes in social work and social welfare. He participates in UNICEF’s charitable campaigns.
David Villa’s Honors and Awards
- 2010 FIFA FIFPro World Cup
- The 2010 UEFA Team of the Year
- Silver Shoe, Bronze Ball, Dream Team, and Man of the Match at the 2010 FIFA World Cup
- Golden Boot, Team of the Tournament, and Man of the Match: UEFA Euro 2008
- Bronze Shoe in the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup, as well as Team of the Tournament in 2009.
- 2005-2006: Spanish Player of the Year
- 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2008-2009, and 2009-2010 Zarra Trophy
- Male Athlete of the Year in the United States of America (USSA) in 2010
- MVP of Major League Soccer in 2016
- MLS Best XI 2016, 2017
- All-Star in Major League Soccer in 2015, 2016, 2014, 2017, and 2018.
- September 2015 – Ride of Fame
- 2015, 2016, and 2017 NYCFC Most Valuable Player
- The goal of the Year 2015: NYCFC
- 2016 New York City FC Offensive Player of the Year
- MLS June 2017 Player of the Month
- Etihad Airways Player of the Month for NYCFC in July 2015, April 2016, September 2016, and November 2017.
Rumors and Controversy in the Life of David Villa
There are no rumors or controversies surrounding his life.
Body Measurement of David Villa
David, a Spanish footballer, is 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs 68 kilograms. He now has 6.2 million Instagram followers, 9.01 million Twitter followers, and 13 million Facebook followers.
Professional Career of David Villa
- First and foremost, Villa began his football career in 2000 with Sporting Gijon B, with whom he remained until 2001.
- From 2001 to 2003, he was a member of Sporting Gijon.
- From 2003 to 2005, David was a member of Real Zaragoza, where he won the Copa del Rey and the Supercopa de Espana.
- From 2005 to 2010, he played for Valencia, where he won his second Copa del Rey.
- Villa then moved to Barcelona, where he won his first La Liga and UEFA Champions League titles between 2010 and 2013.
- In addition, he signed with Atletico Madrid from 2013 to 2014, where he won his second La Liga title.
- Furthermore, David played for New York City FC from 2014 to 2018, becoming the club’s all-time leading scorer.
- In addition, he has participated in the 2006 World Cup, the 2008 Euro, the 2009 Confederations Cup, and the 2010 World Cup.
- Similarly, David qualified for Euro 2012 despite missing out on Euro 2012, the 2013 Confederations Cup, and the 2014 World Cup, as well as qualifying for the 2018 World Cup and succeeding Raul as Spain’s No.7.
- Later in his career, he was a member of international teams such as the Spanish National Team, which won the UEFA Euro 2008 and the FIFA World Cup in 2010.
- He is currently playing for the Vissel Kobe team after resigning from international football after competing in the 2014 World Cup.