Lena Kathren Headey, better known as Lena Headey, is a British actress who was born on October 3, 1973, in Hamilton, Bermuda. Her role as Cersei Lannister in the HBO series Game of Thrones helped her rise to prominence. She has also received the Silver Iris Award in 2001, the EWwy Award in 2012, the Portal Award in 2012, the Women’s Image Network Award in 2014, the Empire Award in 2015, and the Gold Derby TV Awards (2015, 2016).
Early Life of Lena Headey
Lena Kathren Headey, also known as Lena Headey, was born on October 3, 1973, in Hamilton, Bermuda, to Sue Headey and John Headey. Her father, a police officer from Yorkshire, was stationed in Bermuda at the time.
Her younger brother, Tim Headey, is one of her siblings. She is 46 years old as of 2019 and was born under the zodiac sign Libra. She is British by nationality and white by ethnicity. She attended Shelley College for her education.
Estimated Net Worth of Lena Headey
According to sources, Lena Headey’s net worth as of 2019 is estimated to be around $9 million. Her salary, however, remains a mystery.
Who is Lena Headey Husband?
In terms of her personal life, she previously married musician Peter Loughran in 2007. Wylie Loughran was born to the couple. Unfortunately, the couple divorced in December 2013, after splitting up in 2011.
She then dated her Game of Thrones co-star Jerome Flynn, but their relationship ended in March 2014. Later that year, in July 2017, Headey married her childhood friend and filmmaker Dan Cadan. In 2018, the couple got married. Teddy, their daughter, was born to them.
Awards and Recognition for Lena Headey
- Best Actress, Silver Iris Award (2001)
- Best Supporting Actress in a Drama, EWwy Award (2012)
- Best Television Actress Portal Award (2012)
- Actress Drama Series Actress Image Network Award (2014)
- Empire Hero Award is an Empire Award for a Hero in the Empire (2015)
- Best Drama Supporting Actress in the Gold Derby TV Awards (2015)
- Best Drama Supporting Actress, Gold Derby TV Awards, 2016.
Body Measurement of Lena Headey
Lena Headey, a British actress, is 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 54 kilograms. As a result, Lena has 3.58 million Instagram followers, 1.26 million Twitter followers, and 176 thousand Facebook followers.
Professional career of Lena Headey
- First and foremost, Headey began her career as a supporting actress in the 1992 drama Waterland.
- Then, in 1993, she debuted professionally with the career The Remains of the Day.
- In 1994, Lena reprised her role as Kitty Brydon in another film, The Jungle Book.
- She returned to the film industry after a long absence with the films Mrs. Dalloway and Face in 1997, and she also appeared in the 1999 drama Onegin.
- Headey appeared in several films in the years 2000, 2001, and 2002, including Aberdeen (2000), The Parole Officer (2001), and Ripley’s Game (2002).
- In addition, in 2005, she appeared in The Brothers Grimm, Imagine Me and You, and The Cave.
- In addition, Lena portrayed Sarah Connor in Fox’s Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Zipper, The Broken, Pride and Prejudice, Zombies, Pete Smalls Is Dead, Thumper, and other films.
- In 2011, she was cast as Cersei Lannister in HBO’s Game of Thrones, for which she received several award nominations, including a Primetime Emmy Award and a Golden Globe.
- Dredd (2012), The Purge (2013), 300: Rise of an Empire (2014), and Fighting with My Family are also among her commercially successful films (2019).