Durk Derrick Banks aka Lil Durk (born October 19, 1992, in Chicago, Illinois, USA) is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. He is the founder and leader of his own collective and record label, Only the Family.
Early Life of Lil Durk
Durk Derrick Banks, aka Lil Durk, was born on October 19, 1992, in Chicago, Illinois, to Dontay Banks. He has two sisters and a brother named D Thang. He is 27 years old as of 2019 and was born under the sign of Libra.
She is of American nationality, and he is of Black ethnicity. In terms of education, he attended Paul Robeson High School but dropped out before receiving his diploma.
Who is Lil Durk Dating Currently?
Lil Durk is the father of six children. He and his ex-girlfriend Nicole Covone welcomed the oldest two children, Angelo and Bella. His next three children are Zayden, Du’ mier, and Skylar.
In 2018, he married India Royale, with whom he has a sixth child named Willow. Previously, it was reported that he was dating singer Dej Loaf.
Estimated Net Worth of Lil Durk
According to sources, Lil Durk has a net worth of $3 million as of 2019. Similarly, he owns a customized all-chrome Ferrari, a red Bentley, and a Porsche. Similarly, he lives in a luxury mansion in Los Angeles.
Lil Durk’s Awards and Achievements
2016’s Best Rapper (Nominated)
Lil Durk: Rumors and Controversy
In 2011, he was arrested on a weapons charge.
On June 5, 2013, he was arrested for unlawful use of a loaded.40 caliber handgun.
When he was arrested on felony gun charges, he was cleared of ignoring the problem; the charges were dropped by the judge.
Body Measurement of Lil Durk
Durk, an American rapper, stands 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs 72 kilograms. Tattoos cover the majority of his body. In fact, Lil Durk has 5.5 million Instagram followers, 3.37 million Twitter followers, and 1 million Facebook followers.
Lil Durk’s Professional Career
- To begin, he began his rapping career in 2011 with the release of his two singles, “Sneak Dissin” and “I’ma Hitta.”
- Durk’s next mixtape, Life Ain’t No Joke, was released on October 19, 2012, and was downloaded at a massive rate on DatPiff on September 22, 2015.
- In December 2012, he released another track called L’s Anthem, which was a remix version featuring French Montana.
- The following year, in 2013, he signed with Only the Family and Def Jam Recordings, and on October 14, 2013, he released his fourth single, Signed to the Streets, which featured Lil Reese.
- To promote the mixtape, he released eight music videos, including Bars Pt. 2, Oh My God, 100 Rounds, Dis Ain’t What U Want, Bang Bros, Traumatized, Hittaz, and Times.
- Signed to the Streets was named the 8th best mixtape of 2013 by Rolling Stone.
- He was also named to the 2014 XXL Freshman Class. On July 7, 2014, he released his fifth mixtape, the sequel to Signed to the Streets.
- Lil Durk Wiki, Bio, Age, Spouse, Children, Album, Songs, Tattoos, and Rap
- On March 25, 2015, his album “Remember My Name first “‘s single, Like Me, was released.
- The album “Remember My Name” was released on June 2, 2015, and it peaked at No. 14 on the Billboard 200.
- On December 15, 2015, he released his sixth single, 300 Days, 300 Nights. The Recording Industry Association of America certified My Beyonce, which was released on June 5th, 2017, as gold.
- In addition, on July 22, 2016, he released his second album, Lil Durk 2X.
- Later that month, in November 2017, he released his seventh mixtape, They Forgot, which featured Lil Reese, Meek Mill, Mozzy, OTF Ikey, 21 Savage, Hypno Carlito, Dej Loaf, YFN Lucci, and BJ the Chicago Kid.
- Durk released several mixtapes in 2017: Love Songs for the Streets in February, Supa Vultures, a collaborative mixtape with Lil Reese in August, Signed to the Streets 2.5 in October, and Bloodas, a collaborative mixtape with Tee Grizzley in December.
- In addition, he released his 12th mixtape, Just Cause Ya’ll Waited, which peaked at No. 57 on the Billboard 200, No. 28 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, and No. 22 on the Rap Albums chart.
- On June 27, 2018, he announced that he had signed with Alamo Records and Interscope Records. On November 9th, 2018, he will release his third studio album, Signed to the Streets 3.