Thomas Jeffrey Hanks aka Tom Hanks (born July 9, 1956, in Concord, California, USA) is an American actor and filmmaker. In fact, he is the fifth-highest-grossing actor in North America, as well as one of the most popular and recognizable movie stars.
Early Life of Tom Hanks
Thomas Jeffrey Hanks, aka Tom Hanks, was born on July 9, 1956, in Concord, California, to Amos Mefford Hanks and Janet Marylyn Frager. Similarly, his father worked as an itinerant cook. Likewise, his mother worked in a hospital. He grew up with two brothers, Jim Hanks and Larry Hanks, and one sister, Sandra Hanks.
He will be 63 years old in 2020 and born under the sign of Cancer. He is an American by nationality, and he is White by ethnicity. In terms of education, he attended Skyline High School in Oakland, California. Following that, he enrolled at Chabot College in Hayward, California, and later transferred to California State University.
Who is Tom Hanks Wife?
In terms of his love life, he married American actress Samantha Lewes in 1978. In 1977, the couple welcomed their son, actor Colin Hanks, and in 1982, they welcomed their daughter, Elizabeth Hanks. Tom and Mrs. Hanks divorced in 1987.
Following that, Thomas met American actress Rita Wilson on the set of Bosom Buddies in 1981, and they reunited on the set of Volunteers in 1985. They married in 1988 and had two sons, Chester Marlon “Chet” Hanks and Truman Theodore.
Hanks revealed that he and his wife, Rita Wilson, tested positive for the coronavirus while in Australia. Furthermore, he stated that they “will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requirements require.” On March 13, 2020, Tom posted a photo of himself and his wife, along with an update on their recovery.
Hanks recently posted a photo on Instagram of a toy Kangaroo and vegemite on bread with the caption, “Thanks to the Helpers.” Let us take care of ourselves and one another. Hanx”. Furthermore, people were commenting on how much vegemite he put on his bread slice, indicating that he is now a true Australian.
One of the comments read, “The way Tom Hanks eats Vegemite (look how THICK it is!!!) means he’s now officially Australian, that’s how citizenship works here.” According to sources, Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have been released from a Queensland hospital in Australia and are now in self-quarantine at their home.
Estimated Net Worth of Tom Hanks
Thomas, an American actor, and filmmaker earns a living through his roles in films, television series, and shows. According to the sources, Tom Hanks has a net worth of more than $350 million as of 2020. However, information about his salary is being reviewed.
Body Measurement of Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks is an American actor and filmmaker who stands 6 feet tall and weighs 80 kg. Similarly, Tom has 7.9 million Instagram followers, 16.3 million Twitter followers, and 7 million Facebook followers.
Professional Career of Tom Hanks
- To begin, Hanks made his film debut as Elliot in the 1980 film He Knows You’re Alone.
- The same year, he made his television debut as Rick Martin in The Love Boat.
- Similarly, he made his breakthrough with Splash (1984), Big (1988), Philadelphia (1993), Forrest Gump (1994), Apollo 13 (1995), You’ve Got Mail (1998), Cast Away (2000), Road to Perdition (2002), Cloud Atlas (2012), and others.
- Similarly, Jeffrey has appeared in Saving Mr. Banks (2013), Captain Phillips (2013), Sully (2016), A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (2019), Toy Story (voice), and other films.
- Moreover, as a director, he collaborated with Steven Spielberg on films such as Saving Private Ryan (1998), Band of Brothers (2001), Catch Me If You Can (2002), The Terminal (2004), Bridge of Spies (2015), and The Post (2016). (2017).
- His upcoming films include Greyhound, BIOS, News of the World, and Elvis.